Hi all of you!

As noone has thought of doing this properly or impartially. I thought I would start it off. This will be a site for all us WOW players to discuss and review our experiences with the different GOLD selling sites available.I have experienced a few of these sites and I am afraid a very many of them seem to be scamming for money.

Always pay by paypal! so that you get some sort of cover in these cases.

Please note that my experiences are on the Barthilas Alliance server.

Saturday 21 July 2007

mymmoshop

[http://www.mymmoshop.com/]

Again this is another US based company, curiously the payment goes to Atlas technology group again, but when questioned I was assured on the livechat that this site has no affiliation with gamerking at all. Shame as at least it would be reassuring that the gold would definitely be delivered.

I was more cautious when ordering this time around after being messed around so much by Gamegoods and Brogame. So I took the time to livechat the customer service on this site to find out if there were indeed stocks available for my server and whether there was a high demand.

I had a charming agent called Franz who proceeded to tell me that "I am happy to tell you that there is not much demand in barthilas alliance server" and "That is a good news for you, because if you order right now you'll be on the top of the list and your gold will be delivered fast =)". Well I took that as a good sign and expected a very quick delivery for once. So I checked again how long it would roughly take to recieve the gold..."We usually deliver in 24 hours" was the answer I got back. So I took the plunge, and stuck an order on my paypal account.

24 hours later... no gold, so I hopped on the livechat. Again, the livechat is bunged up and I am 5th in the queue, at least the wait time is shorter... think 20 minutes or so. I get told that my order is being processed and to expect the gold "soon". So I ask for an estimated time frame, and these guys sneakily sidestep by saying they don;t want to give false expectations. This lack of confidence in their service should have already been ringing alarm bells in my head.

But anyway I waited a few more days, and still was told that my order is being processed. 5 days after the order went in, I chatted to Lea on the livechat, she tells me that there is a large demand on my server so I am being held in the queue for processing still. This is after I had checked on the date of the order that I would be first in line!

So i was messing around on the site and looked at the testimonials section and noticed a bunch of new testimonials all claiming that the delivery was extra fast for them. So I asked Lea what the hell was happening, when some people were getting their gold at lightning speed (15 minutes in one case) whilst I had been waiting in a processing queue, whilst there are apparently gold stocks available, for over 5 days. I did not get an answer, which suggests that these testimonials are fabricated, or they are also moderating and manipulating the testimonials that they are getting.

Either way this site seems extremely fishy.

Anyways they offered 5% extra because of the delay as well as a 5% off coupon for my next order (not bloody likely...they way things are going). And in return I offered them an ultimatum that if they did not deliver in 2 more days, I would open a dispute on paypal and ask for a refund.

So I will have to update you on whether anything happens, although it does all seem quite dodgy.

UPDATE: This site did deliver within the 2 days I specified. It seems that they only get a move on when they are threatened with having to refund your money. Has anyone else had the same problems?

No comments: