Hi all of you!

As noone has thought of doing this properly or impartially. I thought I would start it off. This will be a site for all us WOW players to discuss and review our experiences with the different GOLD selling sites available.I have experienced a few of these sites and I am afraid a very many of them seem to be scamming for money.

Always pay by paypal! so that you get some sort of cover in these cases.

Please note that my experiences are on the Barthilas Alliance server.

Saturday 21 July 2007

Brogame

[http://www.brogame.com/]

A notorious site, which recently has been upsetting a very many players. A chinese company, so these are the chinese gold farmers people love and adore!

I have only ever had 1 good experience with them and that was when I was dealing with really small volumes (50G). I made another order for 200G and after 12 days, am still waiting. I filed a dispute with paypal after a week, and after that I kept getting messages threatening that I would not get my gold unless I closed the dispute.

Well, I am not stupid, and beware, If any of you do open disputes, once you have closed them, paypal will not let you reopen them. They are basically informal claims, that can be used to put pressure on the seller, and once you cancel them, paypal assumes that everything has been resolved, and you will not be able to escalate the issue to a full blown CLAIM (where paypal uses legal pressure to ensure things get done).

So anyway, i kept getting these messages, and everything just smelled too fishy so I asked fora refund. After which, they started sending me messages saying that they would not refund until I had closed the dispute. Now you decide yourselves.... does that not just shout SCAM, nice and loud.

I will keep you updated as to whether I do manage to get the refund, or if I had to escalate to a claim for paypal to sort out.

Until then it would nice to here from the rest of you about this site too. Please do post your comments below!

UPDATE: 26/7 I finally got that refund almost 3 weeks after I made the purchase. Well, at least we know paypal have some power over the blatant scam machine that is Brogame

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brogame really need to pull their socks up, I used to get quite good deliveries from them, but have been having the same problems for quite a while now

A